Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yanzi's Message: a note to say howdy.

Time/date posted: 5.46pm / 13 Feb 2008


HEYYYY.....

howdy.
I know I know, I've been bad. Been neglectful, self-absorbed and carefree. But you know me.

First of all, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! My mom is making the 7th day dish. It's made up of 7 vegetables (I think I've mentioned this before no?), and my grandmother used to make it for the whole family. I'm sure we would be missing her while stuffing our faces. Actually, even if we're not stuffing our faces.

I've taken to fairy tales these days. Literary reads are too mind boggling. The last one i read was Seven Types of Ambiguity by Elliot Perlman. It took me a looooong time. Now this fella is self absorbed!! I'm just a peanut next to him. So now I'm reading Angela Carter's fairy tales, probably meant for little pubescent girls but I don't really care.

Today I went out for some errands and the shop assistant asked me when I'm releasing my next album. She said she was tired of singing the old songs over and over again.

!!??!!

I managed a polite smile and said "I don't know."

Serious stuff aside, here's something trivial to share with my girl fans:
DO NOT GO FOR LASH EXTENSIONS.
I happily tried them out and have been regretting it 2 days after. They look hard and laquered and may cause EYE INFECTIONS. I had to take my little scissors and snip them away. So right now, half of my lashes are about 1mm short. Lovely.

alrighty, I reckon I would see some of you soon, and some, not so soon.
I hope I'm still your drug

Happy Valentine's day.

Love
yz

No comments: